Not just a Career, this is a Business
You are an independent contractor. You are in business for yourself. Even the IRS has created a special category that recognizes these facts. Unfortunately, all of those doubts, fears, and insecurities that go along with starting out in a new business with your only income dependent on your abilities will come into play and create dependencies that may not be good for you.
- market and advertise your business.
- be responsible for following all applicable laws and regulations.
- decide on the type of deals you will take and how you operate within the law.
- be responsible for all licensing and insurance to operate.
- be responsible for all costs of marketing and operations.
- be responsible for taxation and government reporting.
source: the balancesmb