Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the school licensed?
- Yes, ADRES is Approved and Regulated by DORA, the Colorado Department of Higher Education, Private Occupational School Board
- Is this the complete course?
- Yes, we provide the best course at the best price. This is the only course you need to get your license.
- Is the instructor available for help?
- With the online training, you will receive phone/email access and support from the owner.
- Do you have a high pass rate?
- Yes, our pass rate is high but what matters most is that our students actually finish the course because we are working with them one on one to ensure success and allow them to start over for 6 months due to illness, job loss or other unforeseen circumstances.
- How long do I have to be online?
- You will spend approx. 24 hours in the classroom along with doing online work which includes audio sessions, various quizzes/tests to ensure they are meeting the State requirement of 168 total hours of time spent on the material. You have to pass our school finals as the sole criteria for receiving your completion certificate (REC-33), which you need to show when you officially sign up to take your test with the State.
- Do you accept payment by credit card?
- Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
- Is it a good time to become a Realtor?
- Yes, over the last 5 years over 6,000 real estate brokers in Colorado have left the business. Now that the market is turning there will be a huge need for new brokers.
- How much money does a Real Estate Broker make?
- The median gross income of REALTORS®—income earned from real estate activities—was $41,800 in 2018, an increase from $39,800 in 2017. Income was typically commensurate with experience. Realtors® working 60 hours a week or more earned $80,900. Over 40% of these realtors owned investment property and their own home as well.
- Will I be an employee or an independent contractor?
- In Colorado, you will be an Independent Contract and sign an Independent Contractor Agreement (ICA). You are your business and it takes some time to get started. We suggest having 3-6 months savings in reserves and many agents begin on teams or as an assistant since this is a commission based job.
- Can I work from home and set my own hours?
- Yes, because you are your own boss you can work from home and set your own hours. To begin you career you will want to pick an office with a good mentoring and training program.
- How many deals does the average agent do?
- Sides per agent: The typical realtor completes 12 sides per year. The saying is that 20% of the agents do 80% of the business. The key is you get what you put into it.
Information provided by NAR & American Dream Real Estate School
Students not accepted to the school are entitled to all moneys paid. Students who cancel this contract by notifying the school within three (3) business days are entitled to a full refund of all tuition and fees paid. Students who withdraw after three (3) business days, but before commencement of classes, are entitled to a full refund of all tuition and fees paid except the maximum cancellation charge of $150.00 or 25% of the contract price whichever is less In the case of students withdrawing after commencement of classes, the school will retain the cancellation charge plus a percentage of tuition and fees, which is based on the percentage of contact hours attended in the Program/Stand Alone Course, as described in the table below. The refund is based on the official date of termination or withdrawal.
Student is entitled to upon withdrawal/termination*
|Within first 10% of program (Lessons 1)
|90% less cancellation charge
|After 10% but within first 25% of program (Lessons 2)
|75% less cancellation charge
|After 25% but within first 50% of program (Lessons 3)
|50% less cancellation charge
|After 50% but within first 75% of program (Lessons 4)
|25% less cancellation charge
|After 75% (Lesson 5) [if paid in full, cancellation charge is not applicable]
- The student may cancel this contract at any time prior to midnight of the third business day after signing this contract.
- All refunds will be made within 30 days from the date of termination. The official date of termination or withdrawal of a student shall be determined in the following manner:
- The date on which the school receives notice of the student’s intention to discontinue the training program; or
- The date on which the student violates published school policy, which provides for termination.
- Should a student fail to return from an excused leave of absence, the effective date of termination for a student on an extended leave of absence or a leave of absence is the earlier of the date the school determines the student is not returning or the day following the expected return date.
- The student will receive a full refund of tuition & fees paid if the school discontinues a course/program within a period of time a student could have reasonably completed it, except that this provision shall not apply in the event the school ceases operation.
- The policy for granting credit for previous training shall not impact the refund policy.